San Francisco Peds CE WEBINAR for RDA/RDH
15 August 2020 - San Francisco, CA
$525.00 – $1,180.00
This course will be held at the same time as its in-person counterpart. Check-in and troubleshooting begins at 8:00 AM, there is an hour-long lunch break at noon, and the course concludes at 5:00 PM daily.
Dentists that offer sedation are able to provide their services in a more diverse manner to a greater patient population. This results in greater income, distinguished practice recognition, and most importantly a higher quality of patient care.
To register for this course, simply select your state for sedation certification from the drop-down menu in the upper right of this page. Once you proceed through the checkout process, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your course materials, instructions for webinar access, and contact info in case you have any questions leading up to the course. We take pride in being an accessible business, so you can be sure to get a real person on the phone when you give us a call. (855) 406-7671
This Pediatric Sedation Assistant course produces a safe, confident and well prepared dental assistant | hygienist for pediatric sedation dentistry. Pediatric anatomy and physiology sets the stage for hyper vigilance in a pediatric dental sedation office. Children need to be monitored on a breath by breath basis when exposed to sedation. Team building, individual monitor training, and airway recognition are key skills that the ADMA teaches sedation assistants. This course exceeds the dental assistants sedation training requirements for any state. National guidelines recommend that dental assistants monitoring sedated patients are to be certified in at least twelve (12) combined hours of classroom and clinical instruction in:
- Anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology
- Emergency procedures with an emphasis on airway management
Dental Assistants and Hygienists will:
- Achieve Proficiency in Pediatric Anatomy & Physiology
- Understand the Scientific Principles Upon Which Dental Sedation Effects Pediatric Patients
- Understand the Necessity of Monitoring Pediatric Patients Under Sedation on a Breath by Breath Basis
- Connect Clinical Pediatric Physiology to the Information Displayed on the Electronic Monitors
- Master the Use of Pediatric Monitoring in the Clinical Environment
- Assist in Live Cases that Emphasize the Sedation Assistants’ Role in Pediatric Dental Sedation
Participate in Pediatric Simulations of Clinical Emergencies Side by Side With a Dentist in a Challenging but Supportive Environment
Courses are typically held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. Anesthesiologists spend individual time with each dental assistant. Our small course sizes ensure that every attendee receives the instruction they need to become a safer and more confident team member.
Before adding pediatric dental sedation to a clinical practice, the staff has to understand the entirety of what pediatric dental sedation entails. Having dental assistants attend this course provides a stronger safety net for sedated children in a facility. The team returns to the office with the knowledge required to assist in safe and effective pediatric sedation dentistry.
Topics covered include
- The pharmacological basis of pediatric sedation
- How a pediatric patient’s anatomy and physiology necessitates isolated monitoring
- Pediatric airway management algorithms, and the techniques and equipment required to apply them
- How to monitor sedated pediatric patients and communicate their status to you
- Pediatric pre screening and pediatric discharge protocols
- The importance of maintaining adequate medical records
- Team-building and the skills required to work effectively under the most stressful of conditions
The course meets all state certification requirements and national recommendations for dental assistants & hygienists.
1 day course, 2 day course
CE + PALS, CE Only
|Select Your Manual
Electronic Course Manual (Free), Hard Copy Course Manual ($60)
Date: 15 August 2020
Start time: 08:00
End time: 17:00
Venue: San Francisco, CA