Idaho Dental Sedation Information

This page is designed specifically for dentists intending to practice sedation in the state of Idaho. Below, you will find:

  • Types of sedation permits the state of Idaho offers
  • The requirements to obtain and maintain those permits
  • A selection of ADMA courses that will fulfill those requirements
  • Your state board’s regulation resources. Click Here to View Idaho’s Anesthesia Rules
    • See page 10 for minimal sedation
    • See pages 11 for moderate sedation
  • The ADA Sedation Guidelines. Click Here to View the ADA Guidelines
    • See page 14 for minimal sedation

Types of Sedation Permits

Idaho requires training for enteral and parenteral moderate sedation. The ADMA offers courses that satisfy these requirements.

To administer minimal sedation to patients, the American Dental Association Guidelines indicate a minimum of 16 hours of training plus clinically-oriented experiences. The ADMA offers training that exceeds these requirements.

Click here to view qualifying Oral Sedation Courses.

For Moderate Sedation Permits, completion of training in the administration of moderate sedation to a level consistent with requirements established by the Board. Dentists intending to provide moderate sedation to patients 16 and under requires a moderate parenteral sedation permit. The ADMA offers training that exceeds these requirements.

Click here to view qualifying Moderate Sedation Courses.

CE Requirements to Maintain your Permit

Per Idaho Rules all dentists holding a sedation permit must complete 25 hours of continuing education every 5 years. The ADMA offers CE courses that qualify for 10 CE credits per day of training. Find links to qualifying sedation CE courses below.

Select your type of sedation below to see available course dates.

Adult Oral Sedation CE Courses

Pediatric Sedation CE Courses

IV Sedation CE Courses


This page was last updated 29 February 2024. Your state dental board will have the most current regulatory information.